Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First (and last?) Flea Ever!

Yes, as the title has stated, I had my first flea ever last saturday with a few of my friends!

It was the first time any of us had a booth at a flea market so we were all pretty much inexperienced. I thought we were well-prepared with a rack, tablecloth, construction paper for price tags, hangers, plastic bags etc. BUT I WAS WRONG! 

The crowd was mostly aunties and foreign workers who are here for cheap buys. By cheap I mean <$5!!! Wow, I never knew items at a flea were so cheap?! Those I've browsed are always around $20 or $10 for pre-owned. So we were given 1pm-2pm to set up and the flea starts at 2pm. However, these aunties came down at 1pm while we were setting up to swoop up stuff! They just grabbed our bags of clothes and emptied it on the table. After a while we (or maybe I) gave up trying to arrange the stuff and just let it pile on the table. Too bad I didn't take a pic of our humungous pile!!!!


So being the shopaholic that I am, I bought some stuff from my friends too. And cos we're friends, I got to try the clothes before buying! :D

Top and Cardigan both from Yiyun! Got them both for $7 only!!!! I was also Yiyun's first customer of the day lol!

Got this top from Mao at $3?! The reason I bought this top was because there was this demanding girl who grabbed this top and just rudely said "$3" when Zeslene had ask for $6 (I think) because it was BRAND NEW?! And from lovebonito somemore!!! I was so pissed I just said "$3 you might as well sell to me." So I bought it! (Ok, actually Mao traded it with me for a dress hehe) It's a leopard print top and I guess it's hard to go wrong lah. Just wear with jeans and heels and you can go clubbing or dress down with shorts and slippers for a casual weekend date. Omg I sound like those blogshop descriptions...

That was all I bought from them! Afterall I'm supposed to earn and not make a loss right!!! Mao also got 2 dresses from me lol. I think next time we should gather a group of friends and exchange clothes!!! So much more worth it than having a flea. I rather get a new piece of clothing than $3. 

Having said that, the flea was a fun experience! Friends came to visit, we sat around and gossiped, took pictures, tried to sell stuff and look/laugh at each other's clothes! The reason I said laugh is because of this top of mine which I bought when I was 13 and Yiyun and Mao both said it's damn fugly :( No one told me that then!!!! :( So I got dared to wear it and since I was bored and I don't believe that it's that fugly, I changed into it...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

NOT THAT BAD RIGHT!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Anyway this pic is hilarious because for some reason the hair at the top of my head is flying LOL!!!! Tell me it's not that bad! Or rather I choose to think that I can pull it off *flips hair*

Ok lah, at the end of the day no one bought it  even though I was selling it at 50c. :( Even the maids and aunties also don't want :( BUT I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT'S FUGLY ON ME! RAWRRRRR.

And here's the top that I really wore to the flea...

Another thing! I was spotted for some online fashion thing and they took a pic of me in this outfit... Apparently they'll tag me on FB but until now they haven't! I'm starting to think it's a scam, maybe that girl was just doing a school project...SIGH. Thought I can win stuff :'( Either that or they got my email add wrong. 1.olivia.ng@gmail.com. People always tell me that the "1" is confusing and some people have accidentally left it out when they email me sigh. 

BUT IT'S OKAY! I'M GONNA BE POSITIVE. GOOD THINGS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME AND WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN TO ME! :D

Now, I'll just end off with a pic of my friends of 8 years of friendship! Thank you for all the fun and laughter we've shared together and for always being there for me :') Here's to being friends forever!!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment