Friday, May 18, 2012

Egg White Mask Review

I'm a skincare junkie. When I hear something good for the skin, I try it almost immediately, as long as it's within my budget. So recently my bf brought up the topic of using egg white as a mask for beautiful skin. He doesn't describe skin as "radiant", "glowing" or "brightened" but he simply said that after his grandma used it, her skin became very "nice and smooth".

I then remembered that not only have I heard this before, I've seen my mom do it when I was younger. So a few days ago, I decided to give it a try.

How you do it:


1. Get yourself some eggs! Apparently the fresher the eggs, the better. Quite logical right. And when my bf said fresh, he meant that when the hen first lay the egg because his grandma reared hen(s)! Obviously I don't have a hen so I went to the supermarket and bought the freshest eggs I could find. If it's organic, even better! But I'm damn cheapo so mine wasn't organic.

2. Separate the yolk from the egg white.

3. Whisk the egg white. (This step is optional. Some people say it's better some people say it makes no difference. Obviously since I'm given a choice I skipped it)

4. Slather it all over your cleansed face.

5. Leave it on for 15 mins. You will feel your face tightening within a minute as the egg white starts to dry...

6. Wash it off with warm water.

THAT'S IT! 

So if you're curious about the results, I'm posting my before and after photo below:


Okay, the angle of the pictures is slightly different, but I assure you, they're both me. I'm not sure if it's obvious to you guys, but my pores were minimised instantly!!! To begin with my pores were not huge, so you may not notice a huge different, but I scrutinise my face everyday and I can see a difference!!! My skin also looked brightened and was seriously damn freaking smooth!!!! Too bad photos are not 4D whereby you can touch them as well! Imagine the day we have that technology... then people can post photos of shit and people can touch them...or maybe smell them! That will be disgusting...Imagine you open a website and there's a picture of a pile of shit and you got no choice but to smell it!!!! Ok I digress...


So to conclude this post...here are some pros and cons of the egg white mask:

Pros:

1. Cheap! I bought my box of 10 eggs at like $2+! So one mask is like <30cents!!! Only used 1 and the rest can be used for cooking! You can also cook the egg yolk and remaining egg white if you want... 

2. Easily available. Need I say more?

3. Minimises pores instantly!!!

4. Brightens the skin!!!

5. Smoothens the skin!!!

6. Supposed to balance out the oil of your skin... (not sure if this happened because I can't tell if the oil is balanced!!!)

7. Supposed to reduce the number of white/blackheads (but I don't really have blackheads so I can't tell)

Cons:

1. Skin may feel uncomfortable when tightened. I looked like I had too much botox or something. Should have taken a photo!!! My skin was so tight!!!!! 

2. Smells bad.

3. Super unglam mask that you shouldn't do when your crush/bf/fiance/husband is around. Sex appeal = 0

Other than that, this mask is super awesome! I will try again when I finish cooking the eggs and need to purchase more eggs! Because remember, the fresher the eggs, the better!!!

Also, I read some beauty forums that said you should not leave on the mask for more than 20 minutes as it can cause breakouts if you do so. Not sure of the reasoning why cos I was too lazy to read but I applied for 15 mins and the results was fantastic!!! So just leave it on for 15 mins! Hope it works for you guys too!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I have egg whites on my face right now, they're tightening! Can't wait to see the results! I've heard good and bad things about this mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure the purpose of it but some say to add lemon juice, which definitely makes it smell good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use the egg yolk in your hair, with coconut oil. :)

    ReplyDelete