Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It sucks to be sick

Yes, I'm sick. Woke up yestd with an urge to puke and my stomach was feeling so horrible. Puked till my mouth had this bitter and sour taste and I felt as though my teeth were being corroded. It was SO BAD, not to mention the diarrhoea that I had. Took my temperature and it was 37.6 degrees celsius. At that point in time I thought I should just sleep it off and see how later. But then I realised the doc closes at 1pm and it was already 12pm so i decided to go see the doc. Is it just me who faces this problem or are clinics always closed when you need them?

Managed to drag myself to the clinic and thankfully, there was no queue. The doc said I probably ate something bad aka food poisoning. Told me to avoid milk and eggs and oily food and to drink more yakult? Come to think of it isn't yakult made up of milk solids and meant to aid your digestion? I took her advice anyway.

Sigh, all I've eaten the past 2 days is 2 fishballs, 4 pieces of biscuits, 3 yakults and some porridge. Also, I've been asleep for 30/36 hours because I feel so miserable when I'm awake. Being sick really leads to self-pity. I start thinking about how miserable I am, having to drag myself to the doc, cook my own food even when sick, and basically just taking care of myself. Sigh, miss being taken care of. All you people with good health or with people who care for you, be thankful.

Seriously, nothing is more important than your family and health. Because without these, you are nothing. Sometimes in life, you can try your best but you won't succeed. Like me, I've been drinking more water than usual, exercising, sleeping well, and BAM, FOOD POISONING. It's not like I ate overnight food or something. It just happened. But thankfully, it's just food poisoning and nothing life threatening like cancer. What I'm trying to say is, anything can happen so we should be thankful for what we have today.

So today, despite being sick and having to take care of myself, I am thankful that I have the money to take care of myself, that my bed is so comfy, that I don't have to work, that my exams are over, that my abs have become visible...

Tomorrow, I will wake up and be well again!!! And then I will conquer the world muahahahahahahaahaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment